NOTICE INVITING TENDER
Tender no: LIOC/ ENG/ PT/ 07/ 2017– 18
Lanka IOC PLC invites sealed tenders in prescribed tender form under two bid system from bonafide contractors as per following details
|NAME OF WORK||SALE PERIOD (BOTH DAYS INCLUSIVE)||CONTACT PERSON|
|PROVISION OF MOTORABLE ROADS AROUND THE TANK FARM AT LIOC TERMINAL TRINCOMALEE.
COST OF TENDER: LKR 5,000/- (NON REFUNDABLE)
[BY DEMAND DRAFT ONLY (DRAWN IN FAVOUR OF LANKA IOC PLC PAYABLE AT COLOMBO)]
|27/ 11/ 2017
From 0900 Hrs
01/ 01/ 2018
Up to 1700 Hrs
ASSISTANT MANAGER (ENGG)
TEL: 011 2475720
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 
|Please visit our website www.lankaioc.com  for further details on this tender.|
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
LIOC/ ENG/ PT/ 07/ 2016-17
|NAME OF WORK||
PROVISION OF MOTORABLE ROADS AROUND THE TANK FARM AT LIOC TERMINAL TRINCOMALEE.
|3||PLACE OF WORK||
LIOC TERMINAL TRINCOMALEE
LKR 37.52 Mil plus VAT @ 15%
LKR. 5000/- (non refundable / non transferable) Demand draft drawn in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo.
|6A||MODE OF SUBMISSION OF BID BOND||
A. By Demand draft in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo
B. By Bank Guarantee in favour of Lanka IOC PLC issued by any MNC/reputed Bank in Sri lanka.
|SALE OF TENDERS (between 0900 Hrs to 1700 Hrs on working days)|
|a) Starts On||27/ 11/ 2017 @ 0900 HRS|
|b) Closes On||01/ 01/ 2018 @ 1700 HRS|
|8||PRE BID MEETING||Pre-bid meeting to be held at LANKA IOC PLC, TRINCOMALEE OIL TERMINAL, CHAINA BAY, TRINCOMALEE On 22/ 12/ 2017 @ 1000 HRS.|
|DUE DATE AND TIME :|
|a) SUBMISSION OF TENDERS||02/ 01/ 2018 @ 1030 HRS|
|b) OPENING OF TENDERS
(Technical Bid Only)
|02/ 01/ 2018 @ 1030 HRS|
|10||Verification Of Original Documents||03/ 01/ 2018 to 05/ 01/ 2018|
|11||VALIDITY OF TENDER||120 DAYS|
|12||NUMBER OF PARTIES TO BE SELECTED||1 NO|
|13||WORK COMPLETION TIME||12 WEEKS|
Sealed tenders in two bid system (a) Technical bid with commercial terms and (b) Price Bid are invited from reputed, established and financially sound parties for PROVISION OF MOTORABLE ROADS AROUND THE TANK FARM AT LIOC TERMINAL TRINCOMALEE. Parties, meeting the following qualifying parameters as per details mentioned below, only need apply:
|1.||Similar works: Value of similar works shall be as per following.
1. 3 similar work orders each of value not less than LKR 17.3 Mil OR
2. 2 similar work orders each of value not less than LKR 21.6 Mil OR
3. Single similar work order of value not less than LKR 34.5 Million in any of the last 5 years ending 31/ 11/ 2017.
|2.||Average Annual Financial turnover during last 3 financial years ending 31st Mar’ 2017 ie. 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17 shall be at least LKR 12.9 Million.
Note: In case the turnover for any of the above years is not furnished then, the turnover shall be taken as ZERO while computing average turnover.
|3||Business Registration and VAT registration certificates. Proof of only submission of application for VAT registration shall not be considered as valid document.|
Definition of similar works:
Experience in successful completion of Bitumen/Asphalt Road works with associated works
- Proof of works completed as per qualifying parameters mentioned above shall be supported by copies of work orders/ approved drawings/ final bill copies/ work completion certificates, etc indicating date of work order, date of completion of works, nature of works and value of works completed etc.
- In case of works taken up prior to the qualifying period (5 years ending 31/ 11/ 2017) are completed during the qualifying period then, the cost of works completed in the qualifying period shall be reckoned for the purpose of qualification. Proof of turn over shall be supported by copies of Profit and Loss account statements, income statements & balance sheet indicating therein Professional receipts.
Tender documents (non transferable) can be obtained from Engineering department, Lanka IOC PLC, 20th floor, West Tower, Echelon Square, Colombo, Sri Lanka by way of a request letter together with tender fee for LKR 5,000/- by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of LANKA IOC PLC payable at COLOMBO.
LIOC shall not be responsible for any Postal / Courier delays if document is sought by post.
The tender documents can also be downloaded from our web site www.lankaioc.com during the sale period. In such case, the tenderers must ensure that all the documents are downloaded and the responsibility of the same shall vest with the individual tenderer. Before downloading the tender documents from the website, the tenderer should register in the website by giving the correct name of the firm, address and all details as required. It shall be the responsibility of the tenderer to ensure that they register with the web site well in advance and download the documents before due date and time of close of sale. In case, the name and address in which the tenderers have registered at the website does not match with the name and address of in which they have quoted, their tender shall be rejected outright.
The tender documents downloaded are not transferable and can be used only by the registered tenderer who has downloaded the documents. Hence any tender submitted by the tenderers who have neither bought the tender nor downloaded the same shall be rejected outright. In case, the tenders are downloaded, the tenderers are NOT required to submit the Tender Fee for LKR 5,000/- along with the Technical Bid documents.
Tenders marked “Technical Bid with Commercial Terms without Price” shall be opened on due date and time mentioned in presence of Bidders at the above mentioned address. Lanka IOC PLC reserves the right to accept / reject any or all tenders without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Tenders received after the due date and time shall be rejected outright.
Tenderers are requested to submit bid bond of LKR. 431,600/- in the form of Demand Draft/ BG to be issued by any scheduled bank in Sri Lanka in favour of Lanka IOC (as per format attached with this tender). The BG towards bid bond to be issued by the banks should be valid for a period of 4 months (120 days) from the date of opening of technical/ commercial bids.
Tenders received without bid bond shall be rejected outright.
The bid bond of unsuccessful tenderers shall be returned after finalization of tender and after submission of original cash receipts by the tenderers. Bid bond of successful tenderer shall be returned upon finalization of tender and on acceptance of the PO placed by LIOC.
Tenderers may note that the bid bond shall be forfeited in case of following situations:
- Canvassing of information or submission of forged/ false documents/ information by tenderers.
- Unilateral withdrawal or revision of the offer by the tenderer during the validity period of the offer.
- Backing out after placement of work order.
Bid bond shall not carry any interest.
Tenders shall be opened on due date and time mentioned in presence of Bidders at the above mentioned address. Lanka IOC PLC reserves the right to accept / reject any or all tenders without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Tenders received after the due date and time shall be rejected outright.
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION OF CONTRACTOR:
- Pre-bid meeting: Pre-bid meeting minutes shall form a part of this tender document.
- Submission of Documents towards qualifying parameters:- Tenderer will be required to fill in and enclose documents in support of qualifying parameters together with relevant documents as given in the Statement of Credentials sheet attached. OFFER OF THOSE TENDERERS NOT ENCLOSING ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS TOWARDS QUALIFYING PARAMETERS ARE LIABLE FOR REJECTION
- Verification of Original Documents:- Tenderers are required to report on the specified dates mentioned in the tender along with all original documents, copies of which have been submitted with the Technical Bid towards qualification. No separate communication will be issued to tenderers in this regard. The Bids of the Tenderers who do not report for verification of original documents on date mentioned may be summarily rejected.
- Technical Qualification:- Tenderer will be considered as technically qualified based on meeting qualifying parameters and after verification of original documents towards the same as stipulated above. In the event, document submitted by the tenderer is found to be forged or incorrect, such tenderer shall be rejected and bid bond submitted shall be forfeited immediately. Such tenderer is also liable to be put on Holiday List by IOC. Parties who have carried out the work on sub contract basis shall not be eligible to participating in the tender.
- Price Bid Opening & Finalisation of parties: Tenderers are required to quote fixed percentage above or below the rates given in the Price Schedule. Price Bid of only technically qualified parties shall be opened, after intimation to successful tenderers. Status of tenderers shall be arrived at based on the price quoted by individual tenderers and arranged from lowest bidder to highest bidder in terms of quotation. In case of identical rates received, parties having higher annual average turnover in the last 3 financial years ie as worked out for qualifying criteria shall get precedence.
The lowest acceptable rate with or without negotiation & accepted by Lanka IOC.
ACCEPTABLE RATES & AWARD OF CONTRACT:
The parties are required to quote their lowest percentage rate (+/-) which will be uniformly applicable on all the items of the attached Schedule of Rates (SOR).
A merit list based on the quoted percentage rate of the bidders in ascending order shall be prepared to decide enlistment.
LIOC reserves the rights to negotiate with the tenderer. The tenderer shall confirm the negotiation within the stipulated time. If the tenderer fails to comply, LIOC reserves the right to reject the tender at their discretion.
The contract shall be finalized with maximum of ONE (01) party.
The Tenderers are advised to submit their offer strictly adhering to the terms and conditions and specifications contained in the Tender document and not to stipulate any deviations. Failure to do so will result in rejection of the Tender outright not withstanding their status on quoted rates.
Canvassing of information or submission of forged or false documents / information by any Tenderer shall make their offer invalid. In addition, action shall also be taken by Lanka IOC PLC for forfeiture of bid bond as well as putting the Tenderer on Holiday list.
The successful tenderer will have to execute an agreement with LIOC PLC, covering all aspects to the contract, in the form prescribed, immediately before commencement of work. Intending tenders should acquaint themselves with provision of the agreement before sending the tenders.
Tenders should reach ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, LANKA LIOC PLC, LEVEL 20, WEST TOWER, WORLD TRADE CENTRE, ECHELON SQUARE, COLOMBO – 01 (SRI LANKA) before due date and time mentioned above.
- VICE PRESIDENT (ENGG)