NOTICE INVITING TENDER
LIOC/ ENG/ PT/ 01/ 2017-18
|NAME OF WORK
RATE CONTRACT OF ROUTINE CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE WORKS FOR LANKA IOC PETROL SHED/ LUBRICANT SERVICE STATIONS/ GUEST HOUSE/ OIL TERMINAL ACROSS THE ISLAND.
LKR 800 Mil
The estimated cost is only directional and the successful bidders cannot claim it as their right. The actual value of works can increase or decrease at the sole discretion of LIOC.
||MODE OF SUBMISSION OF BID BOND
A. By Demand draft in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo
B. By Bank Guarantee in favour of Lanka IOC PLC issued by any MNC/reputed Bank in Sri lanka.
||SALE OF TENDERS (between 0900 Hrs to 1700 Hrs on working days)
|a) STARTS ON
||21/ 04/ 2017 at 0900 Hrs
|b) CLOSES ON
||18/ 05/ 2017 at 1700 HRS.
|DUE DATE AND TIME :
|a) SUBMISSION OF TENDERS
||19/ 05/ 2017 @ 1000 HRS
|b) OPENING OF TENDERS
(Technical Bid Only)
|19/ 05/ 2017 @ 1000 HRS
||PRE BID MEETING
||12/ 05/ 2017 @ 1500 HRS
||VERIFICATION OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS
||22/ 05/ 2017 & 23/ 05/ 2017
||LKR. 5,000/- (non refundable / non transferable) drawn in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo
||NUMBER OF PARTIES TO BE ENLISTED
||Maximum of TEN (10) parties
LIOC reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of parties to be empanelled at its discretion and none of the bidders shall have any claim whatsoever in such cases.
||24 months from the date of acceptance of the tender by LIOC and extendable by further 3 months based on mutual consent
||WORK COMPLETION TIME
||As per details given in tender
Sealed tenders in two bid system (a) Technical bid with commercial terms and (b) Price Bid are invited from reputed, established and financially sound parties RATE CONTRACT OF ROUTINE CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE WORKS FOR LANKA IOC PETROL SHED/ LUBRICANT SERVICE STATIONS/ GUEST HOUSE/ OIL TERMINAL ACROSS THE ISLAND. Parties, meeting the following qualifying parameters as per details mentioned below, only need apply:
QUALIFYING PARAMETERS :
Parties who satisfy the following qualification parameters as per the details given below only need apply.
||Similar works: Value of similar works in single order shall be not less than LKR 3.5 Million in any of the last 3 years ending 31/ 03/ 2017.
||Average Annual Financial turnover during last 3 financial years ending 31st Mar’ 2017 shall be at least LKR 15 Million.
a. In absence of audited balance sheet for FY 2016-17, the bidder would be permitted to submit audited balance sheet for the 3 FY ie 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16.
b. In case the turnover for any of the above years is not furnished then, the turnover shall be taken as ZERO while computing average turnover.
Definition of Similar works: The party should have successfully completed as single order at least one work of either “CIVIL NATURE” OR “MECHANICAL NATURE ” OR one composite work comprising of “CIVIL and ELECTRICAL NATURE ” OR “MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL NATURE” or CIVIL & MECHANICAL as per the table below.
|Works of Civil nature shall mean
||1. RCC building including excavation, foundation, masonry, tiling, sanitary & finishing works; OR
2. Any other RCC works; OR
3. Rigid or flexible pavements; OR
4. Tank installation of capacity 10KL or above in petroleum installations
|Works of Mechanical nature shall mean
||1. Pipeline work; OR
2. Structural fabrication
|Works of Electrical nature shall mean
||1. Substations; OR
2. LT/HT installations OR
3. Cabling OR
4. Building light/ power wiring
- Proof of works completed as per qualifying parameters mentioned above shall be supported by copies of work orders, final bill copies/ work completion certificates, etc indicating date of work order, date of completion of works and value of works completed etc.
- In case of works taken up prior to the qualifying period (3 years ending 31/03/2017) are completed during the qualifying period then, the cost of works completed in the qualifying period shall be reckoned for the purpose of qualification. Proof of turn over shall be supported by copies of audited Profit and Loss account statements & balance sheet indicating therein Professional receipts. In absence of audited balance sheet for FY 2016-17, the bidder would be permitted to submit audited balance sheet for the 3 FY ie 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16. In case of non-submission of balance sheet for any particular FY, the same shall be considered as ZERO for computation of avg. Turn Over.
Tender documents (non transferable) can be obtained from Engineering department, Lanka IOC PLC, 20th floor, West Tower, Echelon Square, Colombo, Sri Lanka by way of a request letter together with tender fee for LKR 5,000/- by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of LANKA IOC PLC payable at COLOMBO.
LIOC shall not be responsible for any Postal / Courier delays if document is sought by post.
The tender documents can also be downloaded from our web site www.lankaioc.com during the sale period. In such case, the tenderers must ensure that all the documents are downloaded and the responsibility of the same shall vest with the individual tenderer. Before downloading the tender documents from the website, the tenderer should register in the website by giving the correct name of the firm, address and all details as required. It shall be the responsibility of the tenderer to ensure that they register with the web site well in advance and download the documents before due date and time of close of sale. In case, the name and address in which the tenderers have registered at the website does not match with the name and address of in which they have quoted, their tender shall be rejected outright.
The tender documents downloaded are not transferable and can be used only by the registered tenderer who has downloaded the documents. Hence any tender submitted by the tenderers who have neither bought the tender nor downloaded the same shall be rejected outright. In case, the tenders are downloaded, the tenderers are NOT required to submit the Tender Fee for LKR 5,000/- along with the Technical Bid documents.
Tenders marked “Technical Bid with Commercial Terms without Price” shall be opened on due date and time mentioned in presence of Bidders at the above mentioned address. Lanka IOC PLC reserves the right to accept / reject any or all tenders without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Tenders received after the due date and time shall be rejected outright.
PERIOD OF CONTRACT:
24 MONTHS from the date of acceptance of tender by LOC. The contract can be extended for a period of 3 months at the terms and conditions of tender on mutual consent.
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION OF CONTRACTOR:
- Submission of Documents towards qualifying parameters:- Tenderer will be required to fill in and enclose documents in support of qualifying parameters together with relevant documents as given in the Statement of Credentials sheet attached. OFFER OF THOSE TENDERERS NOT ENCLOSING ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS TOWARDS QUALIFYING PARAMETERS ARE LIABLE FOR REJECTION
- Verification of Original Documents:- Tenderers are required to report on the specified dates mentioned in the tender along with all original documents, copies of which have been submitted with the Technical Bid towards qualification. No separate communication will be issued to tenderers in this regard. Tenderers who do not report for verification of original documents on date mentioned shall not be considered.
- Technical Qualification:- Tenderer will be considered as technically qualified based on meeting qualifying parameters and after verification of original documents towards the same as stipulated above. In the event, document submitted by the tenderer is found to be forged or incorrect, such tenderer shall be rejected and bid bond submitted shall be forfeited immediately. Such tenderer is also liable to be put on Holiday List by IOC. Parties who have carried out the work on sub contract basis shall not be eligible to participating in the tender.
- Price Bid Opening & Finalisation of parties: Tenderers are required to quote fixed percentage above or below the rates given in the Price Schedule. Price Bid of technically qualified parties only shall be opened, after prior intimation to successful tenderers qualified in the Technical Bid. Status of tenderers shall be arrived at based on the price quoted by individual tenderers and arranged from lowest bidder to highest bidder. In case of identical rates received, parties having higher annual average turnover in the last 3 financial years worked out to three decimal places shall get precedence.
The lowest acceptable rate with or without negotiation & accepted by IOC shall be offered to the required no. of parties in the ascending order of prices received to match the lowest acceptable rates. On getting willingness from the parties to match the lowest rate as above, order shall be placed on the required no. of parties with preference being given to the parties in ascending order of their original quotation.
Canvassing of information or submission of forged or false documents / information by any Tenderer shall make their offer invalid. In addition, action shall also be taken by Lanka IOC PLC for forfeiture of bid bond as well as putting the Tenderer on Holiday list.
Tenders should reach ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, LANKA LIOC PLC, LEVEL 20, WEST TOWER, WORLD TRADE CENTRE, ECHELON SQUARE, COLOMBO – 01 (SRI LANKA) before due date and time mentioned above.
Sr. VICE PRESIDENT (ENGG)