NOTICE INVITING TENDER
LIOC/ ENG/ PT/ 04/ 17-18
|NAME OF WORK
||RATE CONTRACT FOR FABRICATION & SUPPLY OF HORIZONTAL MILD STEEL UNDERGRAOUD TANKS FOR STORAGE OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS AT PETROL STATIONS
LKR 119.237 Mil + VAT during rate contract period of 24 Months
The estimated cost is only directional and the successful bidders can not claim it as their right. The actual value of works can increase or decrease at the sole discretion of LIOC.
||MODE OF SUBMISSION OF BID BOND
A. By Demand draft in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo
B. By Bank Guarantee in favour of Lanka IOC PLC issued by any MNC/reputed Bank in Sri lanka.
||SALE OF TENDERS (between 0900 Hrs to 1700 Hrs on working days)
|a) STARTS ON
||29/05/2017 at 0900 Hrs
|b) CLOSES ON
||26/06/2017 at 1700 HRS.
|DUE DATE AND TIME :
|a) SUBMISSION OF TENDERS
||On or before 27/06/2017 @ 1000 HRS
|b) OPENING OF TENDERS
(Technical Bid Only)
|27/06/2017 @ 1000 HRS
||LKR. 5,000/- (non refundable / non transferable) drawn in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo. Tender fee not applicable if downloaded from the www.lankaioc.com
||VALIDITY OF TENDER
||120 days from Date of opening of Technical Bid
||PRE BID MEETING
||19/06/ 2017 @ 1100 HRS
||VERIFICATION OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS
||NUMBER OF PARTIES TO BE ENLISTED
||THREE (03) parties
LIOC reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of parties to be empanelled at its discretion and none of the bidders shall have any claim whatsoever in such cases.
||24 months from the date of acceptance of the tender by LIOC and extendable by further 12 months based on mutual consent
||WORK COMPLETION TIME
||5 Days per Tank of any size as per details given in tender
Sealed tenders in two bid system (a) Technical bid with commercial terms and (b) Price Bid are invited from reputed, established and financially sound parties RATE CONTRACT FOR FABRICATION & SUPPLY OF HORIZONTAL MILD STEEL UNDERGROUND TANKS FOR STORAGE OF PETROLEUM PRODUCT AT PETROL STATIONS. Parties, meeting the following qualifying parameters as per details mentioned below, only need apply:
QUALIFYING PARAMETERS :
Parties who satisfy the following qualification parameters as per the details given below only need apply.
||Similar works: Value of similar works covered by single order shall not be less than LKR 4 Million (without VAT) in any of the last 3 years ending 31/ 03/ 2017.
||Average Annual Financial turnover during last 3 financial years ending 31st Mar’ 2017 ie. 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17 shall be at least LKR 17 Million.
In absence of balance sheet for FY 2016-17, the bidder would be permitted to submit audited balance sheet for the 3 FY ie 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16.
Note: In case the turnover for any of the above years is not furnished then, the turnover shall be taken as ZERO while computing average turnover.
||Availability of VAT registration. Proof of only submission of application for VAT registration shall not be considered as valid document.
Definition of Similar works:
The party should have successfully completed a similar work as single order in “MECHANICAL NATURE” as below.
Works of Mechanical nature shall mean:
Pipeline work with Mild Steel or other metal;
Vertical Tanks/ Horizontal Tanks/ Bowser/ Vessel/ Boiler
In case works for fabrication and supply of underground/ above ground tanks for petrol sheds are carried out under a rate contract the, sum total value of works completed under multiple call up orders under a given rate contract shall be considered as eligible.
- Proof of works completed as per qualifying parameters mentioned above shall be supported by copies of work orders, final bill copies/ work completion certificates, etc indicating date of work order, date of completion of works and value of works completed etc.
- In case of works taken up prior to the qualifying period (3 years ending 31/08/2015) are completed during the qualifying period then, the cost of works completed in the qualifying period shall be reckoned for the purpose of qualification. Proof of turn over shall be supported by copies of Profit and Loss account statements & balance sheet indicating therein Professional receipts.
Tender documents (non transferable) can be obtained from Engineering department, Lanka IOC PLC, 20th floor, West Tower, Echelon Square, Colombo, Sri Lanka by way of a request letter together with tender fee for LKR 5,000/- by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of LANKA IOC PLC payable at COLOMBO.
LIOC shall not be responsible for any Postal / Courier delays if document is sought by post.
The tender documents can also be downloaded from our web site www.lankaioc.com during the sale period. In such case, the tenderers must ensure that all the documents are downloaded and the responsibility of the same shall vest with the individual tenderer. Before downloading the tender documents from the website, the tenderer should register in the website by giving the correct name of the firm, address and all details as required. It shall be the responsibility of the tenderer to ensure that they register with the web site well in advance and download the documents before due date and time of close of sale. In case, the name and address in which the tenderers have registered at the website does not match with the name and address of in which they have quoted, their tender shall be rejected outright.
The tender documents downloaded are not transferable and can be used only by the registered tenderer who has downloaded the documents. Hence any tender submitted by the tenderers who have neither bought the tender nor downloaded the same shall be rejected outright. In case, the tenders are downloaded, the tenderers are NOT required to submit the Tender Fee for LKR 5,000/- along with the Technical Bid documents.
Tenders marked “Technical Bid with Commercial Terms without Price” shall be opened on due date and time mentioned in presence of Bidders at the above mentioned address. Lanka IOC PLC reserves the right to accept / reject any or all tenders without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Tenders received after the due date and time shall be rejected outright.
PERIOD OF CONTRACT:
24 MONTHS from the date of acceptance of tender by LIOC. The contract can be extended for a period of 12 months at the terms and conditions of tender on mutual consent.
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION OF CONTRACTOR:
- Pre-bid meeting: Pre-bid meeting minutes shall form a part of this tender document.
- Submission of Documents towards qualifying parameters:- Tenderer will be required to fill in and enclose documents in support of qualifying parameters together with relevant documents as given in the Statement of Credentials sheet attached. OFFER OF THOSE TENDERERS NOT ENCLOSING ALL RELEVANT DOCUMENTS TOWARDS QUALIFYING PARAMETERS ARE LIABLE FOR REJECTION
- Verification of Original Documents:- Tenderers are required to report on the specified dates mentioned in the tender along with all original documents, copies of which have been submitted with the Technical Bid towards qualification. No separate communication will be issued to tenderers in this regard. The Bids of the Tenderers who do not report for verification of original documents on date mentioned may be summarily rejected.
- Technical Qualification:- Tenderer will be considered as technically qualified based on meeting qualifying parameters and after verification of original documents towards the same as stipulated above. In the event, document submitted by the tenderer is found to be forged or incorrect, such tenderer shall be rejected and bid bond submitted shall be forfeited immediately. Such tenderer is also liable to be put on Holiday List by LIOC. Parties who have carried out the work on sub contract basis shall not be eligible to participating in the tender.
- Price Bid Opening & Finalisation of parties: Tenderers are required to quote fixed percentage above or below the rates given in the Price Schedule. Price Bid of only technically qualified parties shall be opened, after intimation to successful tenderers. Status of tenderers shall be arrived at based on the price quoted by individual tenderers and arranged from lowest bidder to highest bidder in terms of quotation. In case of identical rates received, parties having higher annual average turnover in the last 3 financial years ie as worked out for qualifying criteria shall get precedence.
The lowest acceptable rate with or without negotiation & accepted by Lanka LIOC ie. L1 rate shall be offered to the other qualified parties for matching. Qualified parties matching the L-1 rates shall be considered for award of contract and preference being given in the ascending order of the respective original quotations till the time the required nos. of parties are empanelled.
- The Jobs shall be awarded among the empanelled 3 parties at 50% of work to L1 Party and 25% each to other 2 parties during the contract period. However, Lanka IOC at its sole discretion reserves the right to increase or decrease the value of works/ no. of Contractors and Contractor’s shall not have any claim whatsoever regarding the same.
Canvassing of information or submission of forged or false documents / information by any Tenderer shall make their offer invalid. In addition, action shall also be taken by Lanka IOC PLC for forfeiture of bid bond as well as putting the Tenderer on Holiday list.
Tenders should reach ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, LANKA IOC PLC, LEVEL 20, WEST TOWER, WORLD TRADE CENTRE, ECHELON SQUARE, COLOMBO – 01 (SRI LANKA) before due date and time mentioned above.
Sr. VICE PRESIDENT (ENGG)