||Name of the work & Location
||TENDER FOR APPOINTMENT OF CONTRACTOR FOR ROAD TRANSPORTATION OF FINISHED LUBRICANTS AND INPUT MATERIALS IN BETWEEN LBP, TRINCOMALEE AND CFA COLOMBO/ISLAND WIDE CHANNEL PARTNERS
||Type of Tender
||Public tender in two bids
||Start date & time for downloading /purchasing of tender by bidder
||09:00 HRS on 30th October 2018
||Seek clarification start date & Time
||30th October 2018 at 09:00 HRS
||Seek clarification end date & Time
||19th November 2018 at 11:00 HRS
||11:00 HRS on 9th November 2018 at Lanka IOC PLC, Level 20, West Tower, World Trade Centre, Colombo – 01
||Start Date & Time for submission tender by Bidder
||30th October 2018 at 09:00 HRS
||End date & time for submission of tender by bidder
||19th November 2018 at 11:00 HRS
||Date & time of opening of bid
||19th November 2018 at 11:00 HRS or anytime thereafter.
||Cost of tender document
||Bidders are required to download the tender documents free of cost from LIOC website (https://www.lankaioc.com) after registering into our tender site: (https://www.lankaioc.com/tenders/) using registered user ID
Rs. 2500/- (non refundable / non transferable) for collecting physical documents paid by way of Demand Draft
The tender documents downloaded are not transferable and can be used only by the registered tenderer who has downloaded the documents. Hence any tender submitted by the tenderers who have neither bought the tender nor downloaded the same shall be rejected outright.
||Estimated tender value
||LKR 46 million (Forty six million) of two year contract period
||Bid Bond (BB)
Bid Bond (BB) mentioned above shall be paid by way of Demand Draft / Bank Guarantee (as per prescribed format) in favor of Lanka IOC PLC.
The original DD/BG shall be submitted
Executive Lube Operations,Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile: 075 927 8051
||1.1 Transporter will enter into an agreement with LIOC for operating as per prescribed format.
1.2 The contract will be valid for 2 years from the date of commissioning and renewable for future period of 1 year on mutual consent at the same rate, terms and condition.
|Volume Handled and Vehicle requirement
||Expected monthly transportation volume is 950 KL.
Therefore it is required minimum 5 number of vehicles per day which is minimum 15 number of different capacity fleet is required for the operation.
The above figures are indicative and subject to change depending upon the requirement during the contract period.
||Mode of Selection
||1.3 Evaluation of tenders:
Tender will be evaluated among the technically qualified partied on lowest net delivered rate. L1 party will be decided accordingly. The Company is not bound to accept the lowest rate for any tender and reserves the right to accept one or more tenders in part.
The Bidders are required to submit their bid strictly as per the price format enclosed as Section VI. The Bidder is required to quote for all the items for which quotes are being requested. In case a bidder does not quote for all item, Lanka IOC reserves the right to not to consider this bid for further evaluation and consideration.
Negotiations, if required may be carried out with the Bidder at the sole discretion of the company.
Lanka IOC reserves the right to accept any tender in whole or in part or reject any tender or all tenders or place order for any value below or above the tendered value without assigning any reason thereof. Company also reserves the right to split the policy between two or more bidder if necessary. The Company is not bound to accept the lowest rate for any tender. The decision of the Company in this connection will be final.
The successful tenderer will be initially issued a Letter of Intent (LOI) by LIOC. LOI Holder will have to make available all the required infrastructure facilities and fulfill all other conditions as mentioned in the LOI/tender within 30 days from the date of issuance of LOI, failing which LIOC shall have the right to resort to actions as deemed fit, including cancellation of LOI. LIOC at its sole discretion may extend the validity of the LOI depending upon the reasons for delay in fulfillment of the conditions precedent and development of required infrastructure facilities.
On successful completion of all the conditions precedent as mentioned in the LOI and development of required infrastructure facilities within the stipulated timeframe or extended timeframe, as the case may be, LIOC will issue a Letter of Appointment (LOA) to the LOI holder.
||a. Annual turnover should be at least to the extent of LKR 5.75 million during any of proceeding three completed financial years ending 31st March 2018.
b. Tenderer should not have made any loss during the last financial year.
c. If a Tenderer, being an individual, carries on business under different business names/concerns and applies in the name of anyone of such business names/concerns, then the Turnover and other financial ability of all such business names/concerns will be considered. Further partnership firm will be considered.
d. Tenderer should have at least three year’s experience prior to the date of advertisement in transportation in any one of the last five years preceding the date of advertisement and should have the ability to arrange for transportation for delivery of cargo.
e. In addition to above, the following conditions are also to be fulfilled by the tenderer:
Citizen(s) of Sri Lanka at least A level qualification, minimum 25 years of age on the tender closing date and not have been convicted in any court of law.
The tenderer should be registered in Sri Lanka for Partnership firm / Limited Companies / Co-Operatives.
f. The tenderers who have been terminated by LIOC on account of non performance/malpractices of any of channel like Petrol Shed/CFA/Distributor shall not be eligible for selection of the operation.
||Essential documents for uploading with Techno-commercial Bid
||1) Audited Accounts (Balance Sheet /Profit loss Account along with all annexure) for previous 3 years ending 31.03.2018.
2) Experience – Copy of work order covering period with value of the contract or equivalent documents.
3) Truck details:
(a) For own truck – copies of vehicle registration certificate.
(b) For lease Truck – consent letter from owner along with copies of vehicle registration certificate
4) Copies of at least any one of these documents should be submitted along with the tender (Passport/NIC certificate) where date of birth is mentioned. Applicable for Proprietary & Partnership Firms
5) Copy of letter stating that Tenderer has not been terminated from the contract of bitumen channel line SSA/SSI/SMS/CFA/Distributor/Petrol Shed by LIOC on account of non performance/malpractices.
6) Affidavit confirming that the tenderer has/have not been convicted under court of law
||Other documents for uploading with Techno-commercial bid
||1) Certificate of Incorporation in case of Company
2) Partnership deed in case of Partnership firm
3) VAT & NBT registration or proof of application
4) Power of Attorney (Authorization for signing of tender documents, participating into the tender and participate in the negotiations
||Date of verification of original documents
||Will be informed after opening of Technical Bid. Additional documents may be asked to the tenderer to submit if required by LIOC except following documents:
Bid Bond, Price Bid, tender fee
||Area of Operation
||Transportation of products from LBP to CFA, Colombo and all customers on entire Island.
||Scope of Works
1) Transportation of finished products from the LBP/Trincomalee to various destinations within Sri Lanka
2) Transportation of empty barrels, cartons, containers and other material from Colombo and other locations within Sri Lanka to LBP/Trincomalee
3) Loading and unloading of material transported at the loading/ destination locations other than LBP Trincomalee and CFA Colombo
4) Coordination / Liaison with LBP, CFA and all the channel partners
5) Compliance with local statutory requirements
6) Implementation of quality system as advised by LIOC
7) Any other related job as directed by LIOC
||The offer would be valid and binding on the tenderer for 90 (ninety) days from due date of opening of Tender unless extended by mutual consent in writing. During the validity period, tenderer shall not be allowed either to withdraw or revise their offer. Breach of this provision shall entail forfeiture of the BB.
||Successful tenderer has to submit security deposit equal to 10% work order value thru’ BG.
Goods in Transit insurance coverage are required from the selected party
||Only Physical bids will be accepted.
Bidders shall sign & put their seal on all the documents to be submitted in favor of their credentials and submit the same along with their offer before the due date & time.
1. Late bids shall not be accepted. The bidders are advised not to wait till the last minute of submission date / time for submitting the bid documents and ensure submission of their bids well in advance of the closing date. LIOC does not undertake any responsibility if the bidders are unable to submit their bids due to any reason whatsoever or otherwise and no claims shall be entertained.
Conditional offers are liable for rejection.
Bidders must fill-up the undertakings in the tender document and put seal and signature. This document then should be submitted.
LIOC reserves the right to accept/reject any or all bids or to split the work amongst various tenderers or to award only part of the work or cancel the total bid process without assigning any reason whatsoever.
The bidder shall bear all costs associated with their bid including costs and expenses relating to the visits to the site etc and LIOC will in no case be liable for these costs regardless of the outcome of the bidding process.
3. Tenderer is advised to refrain from submitting any false, forged documents, the penalty for which shall be severe including holiday listing/blacklisting.
4. At the cost of repetition, we would like to emphasis that the quality of service and timely execution is of paramount importance and under no circumstances these shall be allowed to be diluted. The tenderer are advised to take note of the same.
5. Clarifications with respect to tender shall be obtained from LIOC during pre bid Meeting only. The clarification asked /given shall become a part of tender Conditions and the same shall be also submitted duly signed by the bidders along with bid of tender.
6. Any sort of canvassing by the tenderer shall result into outright rejection of their offer.