Monthly Archives: November 2018
Lanka IOC Attains Benchmark ISO CertificationNovember 16, 2018 5:46 pm
In our tireless attempts to ensure customer and environment safety, Lanka IOC’s Trincomalee terminal has attained a benchmark standard, becoming the first such terminal in the country to be accorded with the ISO 14001: 2015 certification.
Contributing to 15 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, this certification emphasizes our team’s commitment to create only the best experiences for our customers while prioritizing environmental sustainability.
Inauguration of new Green RO of Lanka IOC PLCNovember 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Mr. Ranjan Kumar Mohapatra, Director (Human Resources), Indian Oil Corporation & Chairman, Lanka IOC and Mr. Shyam Bohra, Managing Director of LIOC recently inaugurated the new Lanka IOC Retail Outlet in Pepiliyana, Colombo. This is part of a corporate dealership with M/s Southern Petroleum. M/s Southern Petroleum is part of a highly diversified business group of Sri Lanka M/s Laugfs Holdings Ltd.
This RO at Pepiliyana is special in many senses. It further strengthens our presence in Colombo which is the most important market in Sri Lanka. For the first time such a Solar Canopy has been designed & installed at any RO. Furthermore, this RO is being certified as Green RO by Green Building Council of Sri Lanka. Once certified, as per GreenSL this is going to be first such RO in Sri Lanka & most probably first such certified RO in Asia. Aim for such certification is to bring focus on importance of environment sustainability & reduce Carbon footprint. This becomes more important for us as we are operating in Petroleum industry, our products being responsible for lot of carbon emissions. For GreenSL certification, following activities are being done besides other compliances:
- Harvesting of rain water
- Disposal of waste water/garbage
- Planting of green plants like bamboo trees etc
- Interlock grass paving/creation of vertical gardens, etc
- LED lighting at the Canopy , Sales building and street lights
- Fixing of Vapor recovery at the vent lines and fuel dispensing nozzles.
- Updated maintenance and fire protection system, etc.
Mr. Ranjan Kumar Mohapatra, Chairman LIOC also inaugurated the linking of the Solar Power System to the National Grid. This momentous event, marking the first green petrol station in Sri Lanka, was concluded with the planting of saplings & mementos to all the staff of the Retail Outlet.
Lanka IOC and Indian CEO Forum conducted free health screening camp in ColomboNovember 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Contributing to public welfare and community growth through a series of CSR projects under the theme “WE CARE”, Lanka IOC recently launched another free health screening camp at its retail outlet (Havelock Road, Colombo 06). This project was organized by Lanka IOC in close coordination with Indian CEO Forum (ICF). A religious ceremony marked the inauguration of the program, following the undertaking of a vow to ensure health screening and treatment for a maximum of people in the country to provide significant impact.
The program amassed an impressive level of response and appreciation, having accomplished a reach of over 200 people. The camp administered free medical checkups, including diagnoses of medical deficiencies and complications as well as respective treatments. Helpage Sri Lanka offered 10 officials to this cause (comprising of a doctor and other medical staff) to attend to the patients. Lanka IOC and ICF ensured the use of sophisticated medical equipment for the purpose of accurate diagnoses and quality health care in screening patients for various diseases including diabetes, blood pressure and vision difficulties. Additionally, medicine and spectacles were provided free of charge to the underprivileged and patients in need.
Upon diagnosis of a critical illness, patients were then referred to hospitals for further testing and treatment.
Speaking on Lanka IOC’s commitment to community welfare, Mr. Shyam Bohra, Managing Director of Lanka IOC PLC and President, Indian CEO Forum states: “We use our energy and resources to benefit the community at large. We are proud to be a socially responsible corporate entity, having organized a series of social service projects under the theme, “WE CARE”. We have helped support flood affected areas such as Rathnapura, Matara and Akuressa with our free medical service camps so that the benefit is shared with a maximum number of people.”
In addition to the health camps launched at Weligama, Matara, Rathnapura and Akuressa during the course of the year, Lanka IOC PLC has also been actively engaged in supporting communities across the country through various other welfare programs, including ambulance donation, blood donation, providing availability of English Language education to under privileged children, library donations to rural communities, wheel chair contributions and tree planting campaigns. As a socially conscious and responsible organization, Lanka IOC PLC will continue to organize such CSR activities to ensure and uplift the social wellbeing of Sri Lanka’s citizens.
This event was supported by active participation of Mr. Kishore Reddy, Mr. Prakash, Mr. J. Sen etc. from Indian CEO Forum.
Notice for Servo Lube DistributorNovember 8, 2018 10:14 am
LANKA IOC PLC invites applications to appoint Distributors for Servo Lubricants in the following districts:
• Anuradhapura • Badulla • Galle • Hambantota • Outer Colombo • Monaragala • Mahiyangana and a Marine Stockists for Island wide distribution.
Enclosure to Application Form for Servo Lube Distributor (LD) Guidelines to Candidates
Note: Lanka IOC reserves the right to change the above “Are of Operation (Territory) at any point of time.
- We are on the lookout for strong, energetic and self-motivated associates to partner with us on this challenging but exciting and rewarding initiative. The associates are expected to spearhead the systematic distribution, promotion and selling of our products in the assigned area thereby participating with us in the exciting growth opportunity.
- Applicant should be an Individual or Firm (Proprietorship or Partnership) or Co-operative Society or Limited Company.
- Sri Lankan by Citizenship.
- Not less than 21 years of age and not more than 60 year of age on the date of application
- Minimum A level or recognized equivalent. Preference for qualified professionals.
(i) If the candidate is an individual he/she should be domiciled or be resident or have established business in Sri Lanka.
(ii) If the candidate is a Partnership firm, at least one partner should be domiciled or be resident or have established business or the partnership firm itself should have established business in Sri Lanka.
(iii) If the candidate is a Co-operative Society or Limited Company, the society or company as the case may be, should have established business in Sri Lanka.
1. SOUND to initially generate a working capital of minimum Rs.5-10 million.
2. Limited Companies & Registered Co-operative Societies/Consumer Co-operative Societies making a net profit for the previous three consecutive financial years as certified by Chartered Accountant can apply provided they do not have any criminal records. AGE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA WILL NOT BE APPLICABLE IN THESE CASES.
3. Candidates convicted for any criminal offence including that of moral turpitude / economic offences (other than Freedom Struggle), are not eligible to apply.
4. In case of partnership firm, each partner should individually meet the eligibility criteria except 1(d). Partnership firm must meet the eligibility criteria 1(d) as a whole.
5. Existing Lube Distributors of LIOC are not eligible to apply. LD whose distributorship contract has expired before the date of application and there is no renewal request pending at LIOC as on the date of application can apply.
6. Existing Stockiests / Distributors of competing brand of Servo can apply. On selection and appointment the person is to resign from the Stockiestship / Distributorship of the competing brand & resignation accepted within three months of appointment as LD.
7. Firm/Proprietor/Partners of any Lube manufacturing firm are not eligible to apply. Limited Company/Registered co-operative society manufacturing Lubricants are not eligible to apply. Chairman/Managing Director/Directors or any other functionary of any Limited company manufacturing Lubricants can apply as individual. Once selected and received LOI for the Lube distributorship, such applicant is to resign from any capacity in the Limited Company and board resolution accepting such resignation to be submitted to LIOC before appointment as Lube Distributorship.
8. Candidates with successfully demonstrated capability in redistribution for at least 3 years as dealership of products like chemicals, gases, machinery spare parts, lubricants etc) would be preferred. Capabilities in Lubricant distribution would be an added advantage.
9. The candidate selected as LD shall be a full time working distributorship. Further, details of the eligibility criteria and conditions as mentioned in the Application Form shall apply.
10. Application should be made on prescribed form available on payment of a non-refundable fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees One thousand Only) by a Crossed Account Payee Demand Draft / Pay order drawn on any Scheduled Bank in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo either personally or by making a written request specifying the name of the location, through Registered Post.
Senior Vice President (Lubes Marketing & Production),
LANKA IOC PLC Level 20,
West Tower, World Trade Centre,
Echelon Square, Colombo 01.
Application form can also be downloaded from our Website www.lankaioc.com. Candidates applying in the Application form downloaded from our Website are required to enclose the Application fee of Rs 1000/- by a Crossed Account Payee Demand Draft/Pay order drawn on any scheduled Bank in favour of Lanka IOC PLC payable at Colombo.
11. Application forms and enclosures complete in all respect must be submitted in duplicate so as to reach the office address mentioned under item 10 above on or before 1600 hrs on 30th November 2018. The company reserves the right to cancel/ withdraw/ amend this advertisement or extend the due date at its sole discretion without assigning any reason.
12. For any further clarifications, Please contact following personnel with the given contact numbers.
Mr Arafath Ismail –Manager (Lubes & Special Products) :– 075 9 278 004
Mr.Manjula Abeywickrama –Asst.Manager Commercial : – 075 9 278 002