Wanted – Bitumen and Petrochemical Distributor (Maldives)April 30, 2023 6:11 pm Print this article
LANKA IOC PLC invites applications to appoint Distributors for Bitumen and Petrochemical in Maldives (Male)
Enclosure to Application Form for Bitumen & Petrochemical Distributors .
Guidelines to Candidates:
Note: Lanka IOC reserves the right to change the above “Area of Operation (Territory) at any
point of time.
We are on the lookout for strong, energetic and self-motivated associates to partner with us
on this challenging but exciting and rewarding initiative. The associates are expected to
spearhead the systematic distribution, promotion and selling of our products in the assigned
area thereby participating with us in the exciting growth opportunity.
Applicant should be an Individual or Firm (Proprietorship or Partnership) or Limited
A. Age : Not less than 21 years of age and not more than 60 year of age on the date of
B. Qualification: Minimum A level or recognized equivalent. Preference for qualified
(i) If the candidate is an individual he/she should have established business in Maldives at
least for last 3 years.
(ii) If the candidate is a Partnership firm, at least one partner should be domiciled or be
resident or have established business or the partnership firm itself should have established
business in Sri Lanka/ Maldives.
(iii) If the candidate is of Limited Company, the society or company as the case may be,
should have established business in Sri Lanka/ Maldives.
1. Business Capital: SOUND to initially generate a working capital of minimum US$50,000.
Credentials of working capital are to be produced along with application.
2. Limited Companies making a net profit for the previous two consecutive financial years as
certified by Chartered Accountant can apply provided they do not have any criminal records.
AGE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA WILL NOT BE
APPLICABLE IN THESE CASES.
3. Candidates convicted for any criminal offence including that of moral turpitude / economic
offences (other than Freedom Struggle), are not eligible to apply.
4. In case of partnership firm, each partner should individually meet the eligibility criteria
except B(ii). Partnership firm must meet the eligibility criteria B(ii) as a whole.
5. Existing Distributors of LIOC are not eligible to apply. Distributors whose distributorship
contract has expired before the date of application and there is no renewal request pending
at LIOC as on the date of application can apply.
6. Existing Stockists / Distributors of competing brand of Servo can apply. On selection and
appointment the person is to resign from the Stockiest ship / Distributorship of the competing
brand & resignation accepted within three months of appointment as Distributor.
7. Firm/Proprietor/Partners of any Lube manufacturing firm are not eligible to apply. Limited
Company/Registered co-operative society manufacturing Lubricants are not eligible to apply.
Chairman/Managing Director/Directors or any other functionary of any Limited company
manufacturing Lubricants can apply as individual. Once selected and received LOI for the
Lube distributorship, such applicant is to resign from any capacity in the Limited Company
and board resolution accepting such resignation to be submitted to LIOC before appointment
8. Candidates with successfully demonstrated capability in redistribution for at least 3 years
as dealership of products like chemicals, gases, machinery spare parts, lubricants etc) would
be preferred. Capabilities in Lubricant distribution would be an added advantage.
9. The candidate selected as Bitumen Distributor/ Petrochemical Distributor shall be a full
time working distributorship. Further, details of the eligibility criteria and conditions as
mentioned in the Application Form shall apply.
10. Supplies shall be arranged by LIOC only against advance payments or for the quantity
secured against Bank Guarantee at all times.
11. Application form can also be downloaded from our Website www.lankaioc.com.
12. Application forms and enclosures complete in all respect must be submitted in duplicate
so as to reach the following office address on or before 1600 hrs (SLT) on 15 th May 2023.
The company reserves the right to cancel/ withdraw/ amend this advertisement or extend the
due date at its sole discretion without assigning any reason.
Senior Vice President (Lubes Marketing & Production),
LANKA IOC PLC Level 20,
West Tower, World Trade Centre,
Echelon Square, Colombo 01.
13. For any further clarifications, Please contact following personnel with the given contact
Mr. Mohamed Zawher – Manager Commercial : +94 75 9 278 045